Need to get your WordPress.com or Jetpack notifications on the go? With version 2.4 of WordPress for Android you’ll see all your Notifications right on your Android device.
Step away yet stay connected
With the new streamlined Notifications view, you can step away from your computer but still stay connected to your readers. With just a few taps you can:
- Read comments and reply.
- Moderate new pending comments.
- Get stats highlights.
- See your new followers and follow them back.
- See who liked your posts.
Don’t need so many notifications? You can turn off specific notification types (for example “Likes”) in the Settings panel. You can also mute entire blogs if it gets too noisy.
Self-hosted WordPress.org blogs get to join the party, too! Simply connect your blog using the Jetpack plugin and your self-hosted blog’s notifications will appear. Already have Jetpack set up? Then you don’t need to do a thing.
Additional improvements and bug fixes
We also added a few more nifty features in this release:
- A new menu icon has been added that matches up with the latest ‘Holo’ design guidelines.
- Settings and Sign out options have been added to the overflow menu for easier access.
- New fonts added for easier readability.
- … and many more small bug fixes and reliability improvements.
We’ve got some great new features in the works including improvements to Media, Account Setup, and the Reader.
How do you like the new Notifications? Drop a comment here or follow us @WPAndroid to let us know!