This morning WordPress for Android 1.1.3 was released to Android Market. You can now add text and images from other Android apps via the Share menu to a new WordPress post. (more…)
WordPress for Android version 1.1 is now available in Android Market! This release adds a lot of great new features and improvements to the User Interface. Here’s the scoop on what’s new:
User Interface Updates
The home view of your blogs has been updated with a new design including support for Blavatars for your WordPress.com blog:
The comments view UI has been tweaked, including rounded corners around the Gravatars:
The Posts and Pages tabs have also been tweaked for easier readability.
You can now take a picture and add it to your post directly from WordPress for Android. Just select ‘Add’ on the new/edit post views and then ‘Take a new photo’:
Full size image upload is also now available. Select ‘Upload and link to full image’ in your blog settings to link your image thumbnail to the full size image in your post.
Comment Moderation Improvements
A new comment view has been added that provides more information about the commentor and has moderation options at the bottom:
We’ve also added more options for comment notifications. You can now select if you’d like the device to play a sound, blink the notification light or vibrate upon receiving a new comment. These settings can be found by selecting Menu -> Notification Settings when on the main blog view.
You can now select multiple categories at once when adding or editing a post. You can also select the ‘plus’ button and add a new category to your blog (big thanks to Wolfgang for contributing to this!):
WordPress for Android has been localized for the following languages in version 1.1 (in addition to English):
A big thanks to all of the translators from the community that have contributed at translate.wordpress.org.
Contact Us & Get Involved
WordPress for Android version 1.0.2 has been released to Android Market. The update includes some new features as well as many bug fixes. Changes include:
- Support for https (including self-signed certs)
- Connection issue fixes for self-hosted WordPress sites
- Fix for local drafts not showing if the user had no posts/pages
- UI tweaks including a new loading bar in the tab view
- Better support for WordPress MU blogs
- Automatic detection of xmlrpc.php w/ fallback to manual prompt
So what comes next for WordPress for Android? We’re gearing up to add localization support! If you are interested in helping translate the application to a specific language, please visit our developer blog to get involved.
WordPress for Android version 1.0.1 has been released to Android Market. This is a minor update that fixes some of the bugs discovered by the community after the 1.0.0 release.
Changes in v1.0.1:
- HTML Entities should decode correctly throughout the app
- Fixed the post/page preview to show special characters
- Fixed the edit page view to not reset the text after the device rotated
- The lists in the main tab view scroll faster
- Added button in the new account view to get a blog at WordPress.com
- Uploading multiple drafts at once now adds pictures and categories in the correct amount
If you have any questions or feedback on WordPress for Android, please let us know in the forums.
We’re pleased to announce that WordPress for Android is now available in the Android Market. The initial release has focused on giving you the ability to manage your blog while on the go.
Features include the ability to:
- Configure and manage multiple blogs
- Comment moderation including the ability to reply to comments
- Create and Edit Posts including categories, tags and photos
- Create and Edit Pages
- Get notified of new comments in the Android notification bar
Here is a brief video showing the app in action:
Users of the popular wpToGo app for Android will feel right at home in WordPress for Android 1.0, as the source from wpToGo has been used as the foundation for the WordPress app. wpToGo will be discontinued as all development efforts move forward with the Open Source WordPress for Android app. If you are interested in contributing to the development efforts, please visit our dev site at dev.android.wordpress.org.